I was recently involved in the sourcing of donations for the Silent Auction at my local primary school trivia night. Whilst I was overwhelmed by the number and quality of donations received, I was surprised at the number of companies that didn’t make the most of the opportunity to gain more exposure for their business. I realise many companies probably just used the opportunity to do a good deed and maybe clear some of their discontinued or deleted stock from their warehouse. As a marketing professional I saw the missed opportunities to leverage more business. Following I have put together my top 5 tips to get the most out of your charitable donation:
- Offer samples with your donation – People like to touch and feel a product. There is no point offering a gift voucher if the people attending the event don’t even know what your product looks like. Supply the organisers with some samples for display or make up a display sheet with products shots.
- Offer a promotion code – Why not use the opportunity to gain as much exposure as possible by offering everyone involved in the event a special promotional discount. Ask the organisers to distribute flyers with a special promotional code to all attendees to be redeemed in person or online.
- Logo with web address – Most event organisers are happy to acknowledge your support of their event by including your logo in material to promote the event, given to attendees or on an electronic presentation. Have a special logo designed that includes your web address. This will make it easier for people to find your business after the event.
- Social Media – Ask the organisers to acknowledge your support via social media. Get them to tag your social media account in the post or take a photo of you handing over the donation that can be uploaded.
- Advertise your support – It is no point donating your time or products to charitable causes unless you advertise that support. Use social media and your client communications to advise current and prospective clients of the great work you are doing in the community.
Supporting charitable causes can not only raise your credibility amongst your current clients but can be a great way to get your product or service in front of hundreds or thousands of prospective new clients.
Cindy Parker, B.Bus Marketing Consultant, Four P’s Marketing Solutions
Cindy Parker combines 18 years of marketing experience with a Bachelor of Business degree to help small/medium business owners maximise their profit. Cindy has worked in the marketing departments of Australian owned and multinational companies within the Medical, IT, Financial Services and Beauty industries.
Four P’s Marketing Solutions assists small business with easy and cost effective marketing activities including website text , PR activities, powerful promotions, plus logical and easy to implement marketing advice.
For further information, contact:
Cindy Parker | Ph 0417 035 007 | Email